REVIEW: The Graces by Laure Eve

17:11

25365584Book title: The Graces
Author: Laure Eve
Publisher: Faber & Faber
Publication date: September 2016
Genre(s): young adult, fantasy, paranormal
Pages: 415
Format: ARC 
Source: Publisher 
Buy the Book (Waterstones) | Buy the Book (Amazon)

Synopsis: 
Everyone said the Graces were witches. 
They moved through the corridors like sleek fish, ripples in their wake. Stares followed their backs and their hair. They had friends, but they were just distractions. They were waiting for someone different. All I had to do was show them that person was me.

Like everyone else in her town, River is obsessed with the Graces, attracted by their glamour and apparent ability to weave magic. But are they really what they seem? And are they more dangerous than they let on?
My Rating: 4/5

I am a huge fan of novels that have mystery written all over it, and The Graces is the epitome of this. With strange characters, and an interesting protagonist, it's hard not to say that you will be gripped by Eve's latest work from start-to-finish. 

The Graces left me speechless by the time I had finished reading, the complexities of the plot mixed in with the tense atmosphere that Eve's writing had created produced the sense that you were with River, being a part of the story. Each little plot twist had me on edge, I had no idea what to expect! Do expect, however, to be on a rollercoaster of emotions that will never-end; this is the sweet joy of reading Laure Eve's The Graces.

The character development in The Graces is just phenomenal, every character grows on you as a person, which is fantastic - I am looking forward to seeing how Eve's cast for The Graces develop in later novels. River, the protagonist, had an interesting perspective in the novel, I enjoyed her narrative very much, I can tell that she'll only grow later in Eve's work. The Grace family, well, they left me second-guessing - they were fantastically written!

The Graces is a novel that shouldn't be missed out by anyone, with a well-written plot, and amazing characters, it's hard to put this book down. Eve's novel is a hit, and it's a reminder that this author has writing talent! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook